Research and preparation
What attracts you to a career with this company?
When the interviewer asks a question like the one above (and they will ask it) be sure to have an answer. Obviously you want a job - but why this job, and why this employer? In short you need to;
- Know the job
- Know the employer
- Know the industry
What graduate employees think
Millions of company reviews and ratings, salary reports, interview questions and more.
Includes company ‘insider' interviews and past interview questions.
- The Job Crowd
100s of employers reviewed by employees.
- Rate my Placement
Undergraduate placement, internship and work experience reviews.
- The Student Room
Profiles of UK employers and professional qualification providers.
- Target jobs Inside Buzz
Graduate employees give their view on employer culture, training, salary and benefits.
- Follow employers and see how they present themselves to potential recruits, and to industry peers and competitors.
- Make connections with current employees of your target employer(s) and others across the industry.
- Use LinkedIn Pulse to explore current issues in your chosen industry.
- See Using LinkedIn for more on this.
Using social media
- Employers use Facebook, Twitter and You Tube to engage with potential recruits and to communicate the culture of their organisation.
- Follow organisations and learn how they wish to be seen, and what their key messages are.
- See Online Networking for more on this.