The SHRL have been awarded a £1.3m EPSRC research grant to study the deformation of microscopic fuel droplets.
Download this vCard Dr. Irina N. Shishkova
Moscow 111250, Russia
Low Temperature Department
Moscow Power Engineering Institute
Moscow 111250, Russia
Tel:+7 (495) 362-78-41
Fax:+7 (495) 362-7914Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fields of Interest:
- Computational algorithms in molecular physics and heat - mass transfer.
- The Botlzmann kinetic equation.
- Low temperature physics.
- Fluids dynamics.
Main Scientific Achievements
- Development of numerical algorithms for strongly non-equilibrium multidimensional problems of evaporation and condensation of one-component substances, including He II.
- Development of numerical algorithms for mixtures in the presence of heat and mass transfer.
- Development and application of numerical algorithms for the analysis of gas-dust mixtures.
Current Research Projects
- Development of a new quantitative kinetic model for the analysis of heating and evaporation processes in complex hydrocarbon fuel droplets EPSRC Grant EP/H001603/1 (UK) (PI Prof Sazhin, 2010-2013).
- ‘Development of new physical and mathematical models for fuel spray autoignition’ Joint UK-Russia Project supported by the Royal Society (UK) (2007-2009)
- Grants 08-08-00638: Study of transfer processes in the presence of strong non-equilibrium near interface surfaces (Russian Foundation for Basic Research)
- TM-16 project "A study of helium phase transformations near the lambda point in microgravity" under the contract NAS 15-10110 between NASA and Russian Space Agency
- EPSRC Grants (UK): EP/C527089/01; EP/E02243X/1
- Grant 06-08-81013: Investigation of the heat-mass transfer distinctions in vapour-gas mixtures, including micro- and nano-particles, on the base of kinetic and fluid dynamic methods (Russian Foundation for Basic Research)
- Grant 06-08-08201: Development of calculation methods and corresponding laboratory equipment for study of transfer processes on interface surfaces at strong non-equilibrium conditions (Russian Foundation for Basic Research)
- Grant 04-02-16449: Study of nonequilibrium gas mixtures flows in the presence of evaporation and condensation processes (Russian Foundation for Basic Research)
- Kryukov A.P., Levashov V.Yu., Shishkova I.N. Numerical analysis of strong evaporation-condensation through the porous matter.Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer. Vol.44, pp. 4119-4125. 2001.
- Kryukov A.P., Levashov V.Yu., Shishkova I.N. Vapor flow with evaporation-condensation on solid particles.Journal of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics. Vol.45, pp. 407-414. 2004.
- Shishkova I.N. , Sazhin S.S. A numerical algorithm for kinetic modelling of evaporation processes.J. of Comp. Phys, Vol. 218(2), pp. 635-653.2006 .
- Sazhin, S.S., Shishkova, I.N., Kryukov, A.P., Levashov, V.Yu., Heikal, M.R. Evaporation of droplets into a background gas: kinetic modelling.Int J Heat Mass Transfer, Vol. 50, pp. 2675-2691, 2007.
- Sazhin, S.S., Shishkova, I.N., Kristyadi, T., Martynov, S.P. and Heikal, M. Droplet heating and evaporation: hydrodynamic and kinetic models.Heat Transfer Research, 2008, Vol 39, No. 4, pp. 293-303.
- Sazhin S.S., Shishkova I.N. A kinetic algorithm for modelling the droplet evaporation process in the presence of heat flux and background gas.Atomization and Sprays. 2009. 19(5), P.473-489.
- Kryukov A.P, Levashov V.Yu., Shishkova I.N.Evaporation in vapour-gas mixture.International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer (in press 2009).