The SHRL have been awarded a £1.3m EPSRC research grant to study the deformation of microscopic fuel droplets.
Download this vCard Prof. Vladimir M. Gun'ko
17, General Naumov Street
Kyiv 3164, Ukraine
Doctor of Chemical SciencesHead of Department of Amorphous and Structurally Ordered Oxides
Chuiko Institute of Surface Chemistry of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
Kyiv 3164, Ukraine
Tel:+44 38044 4229627
Fax:+44 38044 4243567Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Scientific Achievements:
- Development and application of self-consistent regularisation procedure.
- Development and application of numerical algorithms for calculations of dynamics of local electronic states of atoms in vibrated molecules and clusters.
- Development and application of algorithms to study the reaction mechanisms with consideration of liquid media effects.
- Development and application of algorithms for calculations of changes in Gibbs free energy for adsorption, diffusion and breakthrough of molecules.
- Description (algorithm and software) of kinetics of competitive interactions of macromolecules with nanoparticles or solids and own mobility of microorganisms on the basis of dynamic light scattering.
- Quantum and molecular mechanics and dynamics; development of computational algorithms in molecular physics and surface chemistry, modelling of interfacial phenomena.
Current Research Projects:
- Molecular dynamics simulation of complex molecules using quantum-chemical potentials: application to modelling fuel droplets
- Design of novel nanomaterials and investigations of interfacial phenomena (2009-2011, Chuiko Institute of Surface Chemistry, Kyiv, Ukraine).
- Grant “Modernization of processing technology for pharmaceutical preparation Silics” (2009-2011, STCU No 3832 , Kyiv, Ukraine).
- Grant 7FP IRSES No 230790 Compositum “Hybrid nanocomposites and their applications”, 2009-2013, partners: University of Brighton (UK), Maria Curie-Sklodowska University (MCSU, Lublin, Poland), National Technical University of Athens (Greece), Budapest University of Technology and Economics (Hungary), and Chuiko Institute of Surface Chemistry (Kyiv, Ukraine).
- Marie Curie Fellow (MONACO-EXTRA project, FP7 IAPP 218242, University of Brighton, UK, Apr 2010 – Mar 2011).
- Principal Investigator (PI) in NATO CLGs (1999-2005): Nos. EST.CLG.976890 and PST.CLG 979895 with MCSU (Lublin, Poland), Military Institute of Chemistry and Radiometry and Internal Security Agency (Warsaw, Poland).
- PI (team with 7 co-workers) in the project for Sherwin-Williams Co (USA), (1994-1995).
- NATO EST.CLG 979845 (2003-2005) (with University of Brighton, UK).
- Two grants of the Royal Society to visit the University of Brighton (UK, September-October, 2001, and August-October, 2003).
- Grant of the National Swiss Foundation (1996-1998).
- STCU (Kiev) grants: (i) No 1946 (2003-2005), No 4481 (PI) (2008-2010).
- NATO grant for expert visit (CBP.NUKR.EV 982348, Greece, Oct.-Nov. 2006).
- Polish-Ukrainian grants (1996-1998, 2002-2004, 2005-2006, 6 co-workers).
- V.M. Gun'ko, V.V. Turov, P.P. GorbykWater at the Interfaces.Naukova Dumka: Kiev. 2009, 694 pages.
- V.V. Turov, V.M. Gun'koClustered Water and Ways of Its Applications.Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 2011, 313 pages.
- J.P. Blitz, V.M. Gun'ko (Eds.)
- V. M. Gun'ko, V. I. Zarko, E. V. Goncharuk, et al. TSDC spectroscopy of relaxational and interfacial phenomena.Adv. Colloid Interface Sci. 131 (2007) 1-89.
- V.M. Gun'ko, S.V. Mikhalovsky, L.I. Mikhalovska, et al.Films and disperse materials based on diamond-like and related structures.in: A.P. Shpak, P.P. Gorbyk (Eds.), Nanomaterials and Supramolecular Structures, Springer, Dordrecht, 2010, pp. 383-406.
- V.M. Gun’ko, L.I. Mikhalovska, P.E. Tomlins, S.V. MikhalovskyCompetitive adsorption of macromolecules and real-time dynamics of Vroman-like effects.Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 13 (2011) 4476–4485.
- V.M. Gun’ko, S.T. Meikle, O.P. Kozynchenko, S.R. Tennison, F. Ehrburger-Dolle, I. Morfin, S.V. Mikhalovsky. Comparative characterisation of carbon and polymer adsorbents by SAXS and nitrogen adsorption methods.J. Phys. Chem. C 115 (2011) 10727-10735.
- R.L.D. Whitby, A. Korobeinyk, V.M. Gun’ko, R. Busquets, A.B. Cundy, K. Laszlo, J. Skubiszewska-Zieba, R. Leboda, E. Tombacz, I. Toth, K. Kovacs, S.V. MikhalovskypH driven-physicochemical conformational changes of single-layer graphene oxide.Chemical Communications 47 (2011) 9645-9647.
- V.M. Gun'ko, Ya.V. Zaulychnyy, B.I. Ilkiv et al.Textural and electronic characteristics of mechanochemically activated composites with nanosilica and activated carbon.Appl. Surf. Sci. (2011), doi:10.1016/j.apsusc.2011.09.047.