The SHRL have been awarded a £1.3m EPSRC research grant to study the deformation of microscopic fuel droplets.
The group specialises in the study of high performance heat transfer surfaces and the enhancement of convective heat transfer. A range of analytic, numerical and experimental techniques are used to study flow, temperature, heat and mass transfer in complex surface configurations.
- Fin performance studies
- Heat transfer enhancement
- Surface evaluation and comparison
- System characteristics
- Heat exchange system design
- Refrigeration and air conditioning
- Characteristics of flow in combustion engines
- Instrumentation for flow and heat measurements