Professor of physics
School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics
Telephone: +44 (0)1273 642536
Current research interests:
- Neutron-rich A~100 nuclei
- Isospin symmetry in A~40 nuclei
- Shell-model calculations
- Gamma-ray spectroscopy
Recent invited talks:
The development of a fast-timing array for NUSTAR.
Annual Institute of Physics Nuclear Physics Conference, York, UK.
Recent results from the RISING stopped-beam collaboration at GSI.
IX Latin American Symposium on Nuclear Physics and Applications, Quito, Ecuador.
HISPEC/DESPEC realised through PRESPEC,
NUSTAR INDIA collaboration meeting, Mumbai, India.
Isomeric states in neutron-rich A~110, Z~40 nuclei studied using RISING at GSI.
Frontiers in Nuclear Structure, Astrophysics and Reactions, Aghios Nikolaos, Crete.
Isospin purity in the A=38, T=1 nuclei tested via lifetime measurements in 38K.
Contemporary Frontiers in Nuclear Structure, 231st ACS National Meeting, Atlanta USA.
- Currently chair of the Nuclear Physics Grants Panel of STFC
- Fellow of the Institute of Physics
- Playing member of the MCC
- Ms. Chantal Nobs (University funded, started in 2013)
- Mr. Frank Browne (STFC funded, started in 2011)
- Ms. Camino Rodriguez Triguero (University funded, completed in 2013)
- Dr. Ana Denis Bacelar (EPSRC funded, completed in 2012)
- Dr. David Greenfield (self funded, completed in 2011)
- Dr. Daniel Judson (EPSRC funded, completed in 2007)
- Dr. Franciso Prados Estevez (EPSRC funded, completed in 2006)
- Dr. Elizabeth Bryant (EPSRC funded, completed in 2005)
- Dr. Antonio Emmanouilidis (EPSRC funded, completed in 2003)
- Dr. Nico Orce (EPSRC funded, completed in 2003)
- Dr. Luke Frankland (EPSRC funded, completed in 2001)
- Dr. Chris Thwaites (EPSRC funded, completed in 1997)
- Dr. Koon Tang (self funded, completed in 1997)