- Route leader for the Working with Children and Young People strand of the BA Hons WCYP
- Teaches across the BA WCYP
- Teaches on the MA Early Years
- Teaches on primary initial teacher education programmes
- Teaches on the primary PGCE
- Early Years
Currently involved in developing programmes to support early years professionals with their interactions with colleagues, parents and teams.
- Co author of chapters in Edmond and Price (2012) 'Integrated working with Children and Young People', London, Sage Co
- Author of Price and Ota (2014) 'Leading and Supporting Early Years Teams', Oxon, Routledge
- Forthcoming books on 'LGBT Diversity in the Early Years' and 'The assertive Early Years Practitioner'
- The Open University - teaching children’s literature
My background is in playwork and primary age children. I completed a PGCE at the University of Brighton in 1990 before teaching in local primary schools. I then worked as a daycare inspector for Ofsted and the local council before returning to teaching in FE, mainly in the 16 - 18 range and on childcare and education courses. At present I work for University of Brighton, the Open University and Working with Others. My areas of interest are relationships between early years practitioners and inclusive practice.