Do you need volunteers?
Could your organisation benefit from a student volunteer to help with a specific project or the more general running of your organisation?
We promote volunteering opportunities for community, not-for-profit and public sector organisations. Through Active Student your opportunities will reach students who want to volunteer in addition to their studies, as well as those who are doing a Community Participation and Development module as a part of their course.
Why work with Active Student?
- We are committed to good practice in the recruitment and retention of volunteers.
- We aim to promote safe and supported volunteering opportunities, and will provide support and guidance to organisations if required.
- We aim to match volunteers with placements according to interests, skills and ability.
- We support students throughout a volunteering placement.
- We work in partnership with Project V, the volunteering service at University of Sussex, so any volunteering opportunity you send to Active Student will automatically be sent to Project V as well.
Please note: we cannot guarantee that you will receive volunteers from us, but we will advertise your opportunity to our students. We do not promote internships or previously paid roles.
How to get volunteers through Active Student
To register your volunteering opportunity, please complete the following forms:
- Placement visit checklist (Word 80kb)
- Service level agreement (Word 80kb)
- Volunteering opportunity form (Word 175kb)
- see also Placing a volunteering opportunity - information and guidance (Word 73kb)
Please note: Not all organisations will be able to fill out every section of the Placement Visit checklist. If you are unsure how to fill in any section please call us on 01273 644145 for advice.
You can email your completed forms to us at email@example.com. If you don't have access to email, you can post the forms to our main office at:
University of Brighton
Once we receive the forms, we can start to promote your volunteering opportunity to our students.
Placements as part of the Community Engagement Module
If you are interested in offering voluntary placements for students completing the university's Community Engagement Module, then please visit the Community University Partnership Programme (CUPP) website for information for community and not-for-profit organisations.
Our placement visit process
We need to ensure that our students are volunteering in placements where they will be supported, valued and kept safe. Once a student is interested in volunteering with you, we will be in contact to arrange a placement visit. In this meeting we will talk about the different ways that we can collaborate now and in future and how we can best support your organisation in volunteer recruitment.
If you have any questions, please contact us.