Do you need volunteers?
Could your organisation benefit from a student volunteer to help with a specific project or the more general running of your organisation?
We promote volunteering opportunities for local community, not-for-profit and public sector organisations. Through Active Student your opportunities will reach students who want to volunteer in addition to their studies, as well as those who are doing a community engagement placement module as a part of their course.
Why work with Active Student?
- We are committed to good practice in the recruitment and retention of volunteers.
- We aim to promote safe and supported volunteering opportunities, and provide support and guidance to organisations.
- We support students throughout their volunteering.
- We are based across all university campuses - Brighton, Eastbourne and Hastings.
- We work with a large number of students who have a wide range of skills, experience and degree backgrounds.
- We also work with university staff members who are looking to get involved in local community volunteering.
Please note: we cannot guarantee that you will receive volunteers from us, but we will advertise your opportunity to our students. We do not promote internships or previously paid roles.
How to get volunteers through Active Student
To register your volunteering opportunity, please complete the following forms:
- Placement visit checklist (Word 80kb)
- Service level agreement (Word 80kb)
- Volunteering opportunity form (Word 175kb)
- See also Placing a volunteering opportunity - information and guidance (Word 73kb)
Please note: Not all organisations will be able to fill out every section of the Placement Visit checklist. If you are unsure how to fill in any section please call us on 01273 644145 for advice.
You can email your completed forms to us at email@example.com. If you don't have access to email, you can post the forms to our main office at:
University of Brighton
Once we receive the forms, we can start to promote your volunteering opportunity to our students.
Placements as part of a community engagement module
If you are interested in offering voluntary placements for students completing a community engagement module, then please contact us.
If you have any questions, please contact us.