Grow your business with the help of business growth grants, energy efficiency grants and business growth support, provided by the Low Carbon Across the South East (LoCASE) project.
For SMEs providing low carbon or environmental good and services
>> Drive your business growth and innovation
>>Tailored business support
We’ll meet with you to learn all about your business and put together a package of support tailored specifically to your growth plans. Eligible businesses get 12 hours free support from our expert coaches.
>> Innovation and R&D support
For businesses that are developing innovative products or services. We’ll help explore routes to market and can link you to expertise at local universities to assess the feasibility of your idea and take it further. We can also help identify appropriate funding for your plans, including the business growth and R&D grants listed below.
>>Business growth and R&D grants
For projects to help grow your business or develop new products and services. It must be something that you’ve been unable to fund elsewhere and you get 40% of your project paid for by the grant, with a maximum grant value of £10k. Grants can fund:
- Energy Efficiency Measures - including heating and lighting
- Development Finance - to enable expansion of the business (for example, marketing costs)
- Plant and Machinery - including re-tooling and installation of machinery and hardware and training required to operate it.
- Intangible Assets - including costs of purchasing patents, IT, software and licences
- Consultancy Costs - including marketing, business planning and sector specialists
- Research & Development - inclduing contracted innovation work, academics, special consultants, specialist lab facilities for testing.
For SMEs in any sector
The programme also offers energy efficiency grants and free energy audits to businesss, delivered across East Sussex by Carbon Smart. These are available to any business that meets the eligibility criteria set out below.
Who can apply?
To be eligible businesses must be in East Sussex and pay their business rates to Eastbourne Borough Council, Hastings Borough Council, Lewes District Council, Rother District Council or Wealden District Council. You must also:
- be considered an SME – employ fewer than 250 people, and have an annual turnover not exceeding €50 million or a balance sheet not exceeding €43 million
- spend the full value of the LoCASE grant on a project taking place within the SELEP area
- not be engaged in a restricted sector according to the state aid regulations and European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) requirements – details covered in our eligibility test
- not have already exceeded the de minimis state aid limit – €200,000 over 3 years – nor be in a position where the de minimis state aid limit would be exceeded were the application to be approved
To register for the grants and business support complete the Green Growth Platform sign up form and select the LoCASE option. If you're already a Green Growth Platform member, just email us on email@example.com.
LoCASE is an £8.8 million project to drive green business growth across East Sussex, Kent and Essex. It is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020.